You have a manuscript. Now you want to turn it into a book–a tangible, formatted piece of media that readers across the world can read and enjoy in print or on their devices.
There are five main things that go into creating a book:
- Writing: getting your words down
- Editing: polishing those words
- Production: turning your words into “real” books: ebooks, print books and covers (<— we can help!)
- Selling: getting your book into stores
- Marketing: (trying to) get people to buy your book
This free download will demystify each of these steps to make a book and show you how to use Pressbooks — the shortest, most affordable path from manuscript to book.
It will also show you what to do with your book files once you produce them.